Celebrity 21 Day Vegan Kickstart - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Beginner

Hey Guys/Gals,

I wanted to share some news that I saw just recently about celebrities promoting vegan and vegetarian lifestyles:

Celebrity 21 Day Vegan Kickstart Program

Following a victorious run in January, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is launching one more installment of the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart program commencing March 1.

PCRM has partnered with celebrity Alicia Silverstone, basketball superstar John Salley, Kris Carr, Dean Ornish, M.D., T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., Rip Esselstyn, and numerous others to give reassurance and assistance to people seeking to change to a healthier means of eating.

According to research by Dr. Neal Barnard, founder and president of PCRM, the free online system will give people all of the support and vital information for anyone hoping to move towards a plant-based diet.

Dr. Barnard points out, Low-fat vegan diet programs are quite popular these days simply because theyre the best way to cut excess weight, prevent diabetes, reduce cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, prevent and reverse heart disease, and lower cancer risk. They also trim our carbon footprint.

Individuals participating in the 21-Day Vegan Kickstart program will get access to vegetarian recipes, cooking tips, an interactive vegan restaurant guide, plus a 21-day meal plan. Furthermore celebs will share personal stories regarding their own eating habits and give guidance on meal choices and food shopping.

The 21-Day Vegan Kickstart will go live on March 1 at 21DayKickstart.org. Site visitors are encouraged to sign up now for emailed tips and recipes. Participants may supply a phone number at sign up to get celeb phone calls.

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is a nonprofit organization which encourages preventive medicine, conducts clinical research, and promotes greater standards for ethics and effectiveness in research.

~ Charlotte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Beginner

Wow, this is so, so cool! I signed up!
#3 Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Beginner

Hey ArtemisDea,

Isn't it a great idea! I love when power and influence is used for a good cause.

Let us know how you go with it

~ Charlotte
#4 Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Beginner

Do you know if the registering occurs on March 1st? It won't let me sign up besides giving an email address.

Yes, I'm really excited. The timing works out perfectly, too- since I'm on spring break March 3-20. Cooking at home will make it much easier. We'll see how it goes!
#5 Old 02-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Beginner

What do you mean it won't let you sign up?

Just fill out your email etc in that form and that will register you.

~ Charlotte
#6 Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Beginner

Thanks for posting the link! I signed up too.
#7 Old 02-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Beginner

I haven't gotten a confirmation email. (and I checked my spam filter)
#8 Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Beginner

No problem Bibliophile

ArtemisDea, why don't you try again? Or have your already done that? I have nothing to do with the organization I just thought I would share this as it was a great idea.

Can you contact them and ask them?

Try again and let us know how you go.

~ Charlotte
#9 Old 02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Beginner

Okay, the website is VERY difficult to navigate (grr!) but here's a link for registering: (I think)

http://21daykickstart.org/forum/logi...8428193BF6DAA7

[wait, can I post links?]

I'm debating whether or not to update my facebook about this. On the one hand, some support would be nice, but at the same time, I don't want to crash and burn!
#10 Old 02-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Beginner

I'm sure you can post a link as long as its not an affiliate link.

Lol maybe you should chuck it on and go for gold!

~ Charlotte

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page