What's for dinner? - Page 169 - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#5041 Old 12-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Beginner

Vegetable stir fry with chow mein noodles.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#5042 Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

I had Trader Joe's "chicken" tenders, leftover Hoppin' John, brown rice, jalapeño cornbread, and a kale and carrot salad.

Aristede:book: 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#5043 Old 01-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Beginner

Hi.
I am a new vegan (less than a month). I really want to stay comitted to this lifestyle. I need suggestions in cooking meals for me and my family. Any suggestions?
#5044 Old 01-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean 44 View Post

Hi.
I am a new vegan (less than a month). I really want to stay comitted to this lifestyle. I need suggestions in cooking meals for me and my family. Any suggestions?

What kind of things does your family like to eat? We have some good ideas in this thread and in our Recipes section: http://www.veggieboards.com/f/36/recipes

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5045 Old 01-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Beginner

Tonight I'm having Amy's southwestern soup, it's perfect for today since its so cold and snowy.

#5046 Old 01-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Beginner

We had vegetarian jambalia with setan. I have to say, it would have been just as good without the setan. I think after 8 months as a vegitarian, I am needing "meat" substitutes less. We also had organic polenta, crumbled on top.... It was really filling and delicious.
#5047 Old 01-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Tonight I'll have a piece of tempeh on a whole wheat roll with dijon mustard, a huge bowl of steamed broccoli and green beans, some baby bella mushrooms, a banana and a date!

I'm a long time vegetarian who's been on a vegan weight loss program (Joel Fuhrman) for three months. I'm really not missing the cheese!

Aristede and Werewolf Girl like this.
#5048 Old 01-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Beginner

I suggest hearty bean chili with cornbread.  Not hard to make and satisfying! 

#5049 Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly View Post

We had vegetarian jambalia with setan. I have to say, it would have been just as good without the setan. I think after 8 months as a vegitarian, I am needing "meat" substitutes less. We also had organic polenta, crumbled on top.... It was really filling and delicious.

I find that I don't like jambalaya or gumbo with seitan. I find that beans or vegetables do the trick for me. I might consider trying a gumbo with Gardein, but there's no pressing need.

LactoVeggieMan likes this.

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#5050 Old 01-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

I find that I don't like jambalaya or gumbo with seitan. I find that beans or vegetables do the trick for me. I might consider trying a gumbo with Gardein, but there's no pressing need.

You'd have to be careful, Gardein tends to get mushy when around any liquid. You'd have to just toss it in at the end and not leave leftovers of it with Gardein In it. I gave tossed Tofurky/Field Roast sausages in at the end before, but it's just as gpod with only beans. I've seen recipes with fried tofu or crispy tempeh added at the end as well.
Aristede likes this.
#5051 Old 01-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectxDefect View Post

You'd have to be careful, Gardein tends to get mushy when around any liquid. You'd have to just toss it in at the end and not leave leftovers of it with Gardein In it. I gave tossed Tofurky/Field Roast sausages in at the end before, but it's just as gpod with only beans. I've seen recipes with fried tofu or crispy tempeh added at the end as well.

Great tips! 

#5052 Old 01-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Well, we're well over 5,000 replies, so it's time to start a new thread! Click here for the new thread! 

Closed Thread

Tags
Amys-Southern-Dinner , vegetarian-dinner , 30-Fun-Fresh-Tasty-Vegetarian-Dinner-Recipes-Vol-3 , Top-30-Special-Vegetarian-Dinner-Recipes-for-Busy-Women-Impress-Your-Loved-One-First-Vegetarian-Reci , Quick-Easy-Vegan-Comfort-Food-65-Everyday-Meal-Ideas-for-Breakfast-Lunch-and-Dinner-with-Over-150-Gr , Amys-Spinach-Pizza , Tofurky-Cheese-Pizza , vegan-pizza

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page