Can meat make us sick? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-28-2009, 01:02 AM

i think meat is the most healthy thing for man. but some time its harmful.. not every time..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Banned

Thanksgiving who didn't get that gravy was non-veg.
#33 Old 09-28-2009, 06:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluchi View Post

i think meat is the most healthy thing for man. but some time its harmful.. not every time..

Are you aware that every nutritionist on the planet disagrees with you?

--Fromper

#34 Old 09-28-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Are you aware that every nutritionist on the planet disagrees with you?

--Fromper

Some people just don't get it.

Anyways I have only heard people getting sick from eating meat after not eating it for a long time when they ate red meat.

I wonder why this happens.

My dad put a bunch of HUGE hamburgers next to me at the dinner table last night at our family reunion. At first I felt like I needed to vomit. and then I just felt sad because that used to be a living breathing animal. :[
#35 Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 PM

I've heard people who say they were vegetarian and then went back to eating meat and did just fine. This always made me a little suspicious. I believe they probably never were really strict in sticking to their vegetarianism to begin with. They probably did a little meat or meat by-products every now and then anyway, so it was fine for them to go back to being omni with no issues. But someone who is 100% vegetarian all the time and then trying to go right back to eating meat is probably going to have some issues with it until their bodies get used to digesting animal proteins again.
#36 Old 09-28-2009, 08:45 PM

My husband has been veggie since he was four. He told me a story about accidentally eating a few bites of burrito that he thought was bean, but also had meat in it he thought it tasted odd but since he didn't remember what meat tasted like he didn't realize until part way though.

He said he had terrible indigestion and felt awful for some time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page